OVPL and the OSI Board on Thursday

Pablo Barrera Franco pablo at barrerafranco.com.ar
Fri Aug 19 20:00:59 UTC 2005

Hi Alex, thnx for feedback:

I understand completely what you mean. But I have two questions, more,
how can I say: "systemic"

The OVPL, is an improvement of CDDL or just a brand new fork of this one?
Could be "re-forked" the OVPL license for another needs?, what i mean:
The brand new changes in OVPL could
stop some "future" proliferations, because this would be an importan
reason to stop from OVPL to ahead more
OVPL proliferations, so, more licenses proliferations.

As you Say, I think tha OVPL could be accepted like an OSI license. The
only thing worried about it if more versions
of OVPL from You or from another person/group could get some forkes of
this license.

I do Think about the words that Danese said in Brazil last June: We are
not lawers we are programmers. So, from this
spirit, when we create some new OSS licenses, we could think if we can
stop in some way the proliferation.

This questions obviusly non technical, telling you How you think about
License Proliferation.

Best regards.

--
Pablo Barrera Franco