de-recomendation of Larry Rosen's licenses/clarify web site

lmajerus at speakeasy.net lmajerus at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 15 22:55:29 UTC 2005

Evan and all,

Larry Rosen has volunteered to "de-recommend" the earlier versions of his licenses in response to a call from the OSI license proliferation committee for people to voluntarily "re-commend" their own licenses. In other words, only an owner of a license can de-recommend it, not just anyone.

Our web master is a volunteer (thank you Steve!), and I will ask him to make the site clearer about what this means.

You'll notice a similar disclaimer on the Intel Open Source License.  The Jabber Open Source License will get a disclaimer soon, as the Jabber folks voluntarily de-recomended it at Oscon.

Laura Majerus
OSI, Legal Affairs