"viral" (was RE: Licensing options for firmware)

Benjamin Rossen b.rossen at onsnet.nu
Wed Apr 13 08:38:08 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 02:20, Benjamin Rossen wrote:

> The use of the phrases "it is like screaming" and "let me be blunt..."
> are, however, quite emphatic.
>
> Benjamin Rossen

Benjamin, you Silly Billy,

You have done it again! The subject of your sentence is 'the use' which is
singular, and so the verb should be conjugated to 'is', not 'are', yielding:
"The use of the phrases "it is like screaming" and "let me be blunt..." is,
however, quite emphatic." Why don't you think, or at least read what you have
written, before you post?

Chief Pedant.