OSI's war on corporate licenses

Andy Tai lichengtai at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 02:58:41 UTC 2005

You believe in the free market and capital, but you
also know that corporations that do open source with
their own licenses are trying to win market share in
the programming public, trying to utilize the work and
talents of hackers (outside the company) to maximumly
benefit these corporations.  Attempts like the CDDL
and Sun's attack on the GPL as "American imperialism"
are examples of corporate interests competing with the
public interests, and such attempts will probably do
poorly because the general public will favor their own
interests first (contributing to Linux will be more
beneficial to me than contributing to Solaris).