A prototype License Wizard up and running

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Apr 10 23:47:39 UTC 2005

John Cowan writes:
 > Russell Nelson scripsit:
 >
 > > If you believe http://www.benedict.com/Digital/Software/OpenSourceWiz.aspx
 > > then 32 licenses are needed.  Six binary attributes taken to the power
 > > of two is 32.
 >
 > That would be 64, the last time I tried it.

/me blushes.

 > > It may be that some of those combinations don't make sense, and so
 > > there may be no license that fulfills those combinations.  But still,
 > > claiming that three licenses are sufficient, as you and Sam Greenblatt
 > > claim, seems a bit of a stretch.
 >
 > Indeed this wizard recommends ....

Yes, my point was that I think that there are many more reasonable
choices than the three that Bruce laid out.  As soon as you have two
binary attributes, you end up with four.

--
--My blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         | The laws of physics cannot
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | be legislated.  Neither can