"Open Source Constitution"?

Andrew Aitken andrew at olliancegroup.com
Sat Apr 9 15:06:47 UTC 2005

I'd like to know if the OSI Board has had any conversations with the folks at CA and/or Sun about this? Danase? Their goal is a fine one but their selection of CDDL as the potential template is certainly alarming. Plus I hope they do not plan on using the word "constitution" in the license or for marketing purposes. That term has many powerful emotional associations I personlly believe are most appropriate for something developed by the community and in the spirit of "free" software not "commercial open source" software.

Regards,

Andrew Aitken