A prototype License Wizard up and running

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Sat Apr 9 01:34:08 UTC 2005

Bruce Perens scripsit:

> This discussion would go faster if provided an argument rather than
> simple contradiction, since you know what I was asking about. But since
> you insist: I need a license with reciprocal terms that bind tightly
> enough to apply to an application that links to a library with those
> terms. My impression from our recent communication while I was writing
> this paper was:
>
> 1. That you did not believe your license applied that way.

He doesn't believe that *any* license, the GPL included, can possibly
operate that way beyond the original licensee.  I agree with him,
but of course I don't act on this (e.g. using GPLed code in ways
the FSF doesn't like).

--
Take two turkeys, one goose, four               John Cowan
cabbages, but no duck, and mix them             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
together. After one taste, you'll duck          jcowan at reutershealth.com
soup the rest of your life.                     http://www.reutershealth.com
        --Groucho