A prototype License Wizard up and running

Justin Clift jclift at digitaldistribution.com
Fri Apr 8 05:34:52 UTC 2005

Alex Rousskov wrote:
<snip>
> IMHO, in some cases, there will be more than one "correct answer". We
> have  to embrace that instead of trying to "engineer" some of the
> answers away.  This is one of the primary differences between CC and OSI
> situations.
>
> For example, the wizard might ask:
>
>     ``There is no clear legal interpretation of whether X is true. Even
> OSI  board is divided on this issue! You can read these conflicting
> points of  view <here> and <there>. Do _you_ think X is true?
>
>     - Yes, X is probably true.
>     - No, X is probably false.
>     - Hmm... This seems important, but I cannot decide.
>     - I do not care, why do you ask?!
> ''
>
> The wizard will then make appropriate adjustments to license weights...
> Do  you see what I am getting at?

Sure, it sounds like you want a
personality-analysis-slash-expert-system-slash-teaching-thingy.  That'd
be cool to have.

Meanwhile, lets write a simple version first... *then* get complicated
with it after we've tested the concept.

If you can think of a straightfoward way to implement what you want,
then it might be practical in the short term after all.

What do you reckon... ?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Executive Director
Digital Distribution Global Training Services Pty. Ltd.