License Wizard; previously Re: An explanation of the difficulty of solving licenseproliferation in one sentence

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Thu Apr 7 18:59:29 UTC 2005

Justin Clift scripsit:

> a) Allow commercial uses of your work? (with link for more info)

A license that forbids commercial use is against the OSD, so that's out.

> b) Allow modifications of your work? (with link for more info)
>
>    + Yes
>    + Yes, as long as others share alike (with link for more info)
>    + No

This is IMHO the most important question.

> c) Jurisdiction of your license
>
>    [drop down selector with countries]
>

> d) Tell us the format of your work
>
>    [drop down selector with various file types]

I think these two are irrelevant, the first because we don't know how
to handle it, the second because Open Source is explicitly about software.

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on