compatibility and the OSD

Marius Amado Alves amado.alves at netcabo.pt
Mon Sep 27 10:33:32 UTC 2004

<<
In the past there have been a number of people requesting approval of
licenses that are less restrictive than most closed-source licenses,
often using arguments such as yours....

It's really a shame that we have to continually turn away so many people
with such an interest.  It would be nice to have another site and
organization to refer them to.

That would be the SDC at

   http://www.softdevelcoop.org

And there you'll find links to others. This is also connected to the
other current thread, about conditions on use, because the SDC
Conditions are exactly about retricting use--as the *only* deviation
from OSI open source.

(I'm mostly a lurker here these days, refraining from publicising as I
just did, because that may be felt as some kind of market foraging. I
only step in upon posts such as Mark's which explicitly bring up the
subject.)

Cheers.