For Approval: Academic Citing License

David Burley burley at sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 27 03:34:00 UTC 2004

Greetings,

Our stance (SourceForge.net) is straightforward. We require that the
software meet the Open Source Definition as provided by the Open Source
Initiative. While we are quite familiar with what constitutes and Open
Source License and what doesn't, in certain cases we defer the situation
to a decision by the Open Source Initiative (better safe than sorry on
the less frequent situations, such as this one). So, to make a long
story short, you need to get approval by the OSI for such a licensing
change before we will accept that as a valid license for hosting on
SourceForge.net.

Thank you,

David Burley
Second Level Support Technician, SourceForge.net
burley at sourceforge.net

burley at sourceforge.net