compatibility and the OSD

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Sep 24 14:32:32 UTC 2004

Bob Scheifler writes:
 > the OSD intends to say. I wanted to understand the factual/logic
 > arguments, based on what the OSD actually says, or failing that
 > how it is officially interpreted. You may well think me misguided,

You are misguided.  You're trying to find out what would happen if you
took a particular argument to court.  The only way to find out is to
TAKE that argument to court.  You can read the precedents (archives),
and see what list members had to say about them, but that doesn't mean
that you have to post any hypotheticals at all.

In short, you are wasting people's time.  Stop it.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes