ISC copyright for BIND

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdan at CS.WM.EDU
Mon Oct 18 14:24:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 09:04:15AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan <at> CS.WM.EDU> writes:
>
> > OpenBSD project recommends it for the new code added to the project.
>
> I did, parallel with the MirOS licence template.
> Note that OpenBSD states it's "modeled after" the ISC licence,
> so they may be not exactly the same.

I've just compared the file /usr/share/misc/license.template on an
OpenBSD machine and ISC license on BIND.  They are the same word for
word, except that word ISC is replaced with the word AUTHOR in two
instances.  That's absolutely OK.

> On a related notice, did my other mails not get through?
> I can't see them in the gmane mailing list archive interface.

I didn't receive any.

--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan at cs.wm.edu>
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~zvezdan/