For approval: MirOS Licence Template (and question about others)

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Oct 12 18:55:44 UTC 2004

Thorsten Glaser writes:
 > Why? It's pretty common to leave out clause 3; most also leave out clause
 > 4; some leave out clauses 2 and 3 but not 4 (I've seen that when checking
 > for MirPorts), and minimal changes to the disclaimer "should" not be too
 > worrysome.
 >
 > Of couse, if that's OSI policy, we'll have to live with it; in that case
 > I'll pick out the special cases and mail them.

Yes, you have to live with it.  It's a certification mark and we have
to control how it's used.  If we lose or give up that control, then
it's not a certification mark anymore.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes