AW: AW: AW: For Approval: German Free Software License

Axel Metzger metzger at mpipriv-hh.mpg.de
Mon Nov 29 15:34:30 UTC 2004

Hello Michael, hello list,

Michael Sparks wrote:

>> Sorry, but I do not believe that we will come to a common point by
>writing
>> e-mails to the list.
>
>Without talking, nothing changes.

I think you got me wrong. I understand the point that some think that the new
version clause in section 9 is not wishful. There is no further need to
explain this to me.

I do not see that it is stated yet in the OSI Definition. I know that some of
you have another opinion. But I do not think we should use our time to make
arguments about this question. To me it is not very important to have the
same opinion about the question whether this can be found in the OSI
definition or not. We will see if the license board will require the GFSL
people to change the clause and what they will propose. We will then see if
the GFSL will accept this.

>In this case there is a blocking "bug" which is specifically this line:
>  "The new version of the License becomes binding for you as soon as you
>   become aware of its publication."
>There may be others.

What other "bugs" do you see?

Best regards