STWL 1.0, revision 3

Bernhard Fastenrath bfastenrath at mac.com
Mon Nov 15 14:03:21 UTC 2004

Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Bernhard Fastenrath dixit:
>
>>I'm trying to provide antibiotics. I'm also trying to aid in preventing
>>the disease to spread in europe.
>
> No.
>
> You acknowledge that a thing comparable to "software patents"
> (patents on algorithms, business models and data structures)
> exists, thus voiding _our_ tries to get that out of the mind
> of people.

Can you rephrase that? It didn't make sense to me.

Do you suggest that nuclear waste shouldn't be mentioned
because if we don't talk about it it might vanish?

>>(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_choice).
>
> Yet you link to Wikipedia, which is licenced under the
> GNU FDL, about the least free documentation licence I've
> seen, even forbidding _every_ user of at least the popular
> web browser lynx to actually use the site.

The least free documentation license still inside the gift economy is
something I might have considered as being true. Go to amazon, pick any
book at random. With a probability above 99.99% this is less free. See?

--
www.citizens-initiative.org <http://www.citizens-initiative.org/>