STWL: please comment

Bernhard Fastenrath bfastenrath at mac.com
Sat Nov 13 00:57:05 UTC 2004

Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Bernhard Fastenrath said on Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 03:02:00PM +0100,:
>
>  >     5. If you are owner of software patents
>
> Hmm....
>
>  > you agree to refrain from any legal action based on infringement of
>  > your intellectual property claims
>
> Suppose the claim is that the copyleft requirement for one of my works
> which is under an OSI  approved license is being violated, (which will
> most  probably,  be that  source  to  the  modifications made  by  the
> violator  is not  being released)???  Do I  have to  discontinue using
> software under this license?

I was trying to restrict this to intellectual property claims derived
from software patents. Do you think the wording is ambiguous?

Let's try it like that:

5. If you are owner of software patents you agree to refrain from
any legal action based on infringement of your intellectual property
claims derived from __said_patents__ against users of open source
software and concerning open source software as defined by the Open
Source Initiative (OSI).

--
www.citizens-initiative.org <http://www.citizens-initiative.org/>