certification mark for "mirbsdksh"?

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Nov 3 19:45:08 UTC 2004

Thorsten Glaser writes:
 > John Cowan dixit:
 >
 > [...]
 > >This license is obviously Open Source (and Free, and Fair) and should be
 > >fast-tracked by OSI.
 >
 > Okay. Who is the person who can give official statements on these three?
 > Russel?

Not me alone.  The license has to be submitted according to the steps
given in http://opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.html#approval,
approved by license-discuss (John's comments are obviously helpful
there), and presented to the OSI board for a vote.

If all you've ever done is talk about your license on license-discuss,
it will never be approved.  Not through any animosity, simply because
everyone on the OSI board is a busy person.  We need the structure of
the approval process to make sure that licenses don't get lost.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes