Question re attribution for derived works...

Stephen C. North north at research.att.com
Sat May 22 20:17:37 UTC 2004

I'm new to this mailing list, and not familiar with previous
discussions, but the enthusiasm for advertising and banner
notices really surprises me.  (Realize that their beauty
is always in the eye of the beholder!) The idea
that you might require a banner to be displayed, and even try
to limit adding more banners seems strange to me - I had a long
meeting with one of the AT&T intellectual property attorneys
on Friday and it was easy to explain and motivate the idea
of reciprocal relationships between licensors and external
contributors, and well-behaved, unintrusive software that
can be run from CDROM and doesn't have to brag every time
someone runs it (possibly even on a remote server).
	Stephen North