FYI: Next draft of MySQL FLOSS license exception

Zak Greant zak at mysql.com
Mon May 17 22:48:38 UTC 2004

Greetings,

There is a new draft of the MySQL FLOSS license exception that is
available for public review at
http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/getfile/licensing/FLOSS-
exception.txt?v=1.4

The intent of the exception is to allow more Free/Libre and Open Source
Software applications to be able to form derivative works with
GPL-licensed MySQL software.

No formal OSI review of this exception is requested, however, we are
actively seeking input on the process of reviewing and drafting this
document.

If you have input to provide, please use the issue tracking system at
http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/ or directly email me. I do ask
that you review the existing issues in our issue tracking system before
commenting. See http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/rptview?rn=8 for a
list of issues.

If you wish to see the history of the exception, the following links
are useful:
  * Activity log: http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/timeline
  * Changes to the exception text:
    *