Adaptive Public License v0.1C

Carmen Leeming cleeming at uvic.ca
Fri May 7 22:21:15 UTC 2004

Based on the suggestions I have been given, I have modified the Adaptive
Public License and have re-posted it as version 0.1C.

http://mamook.net/APL.html

The following changes were made:
- One sentence within section 3.2 did not conform to the rules of Open
Source.  The sentence has been modified (as previously discussed) in
order to conform.

"A Distributor may choose to distribute the Licensed Work, or any
portion thereof, in Executable form (an "EXECUTABLE DISTRIBUTION") to
any third party, under the terms of Section 2 of this License, provided
the Executable Distribution is made available under and accompanied by a
copy of this License ***and is distributed at no more than the cost of
physically performing Executable Distribution***, AND provided at least
ONE of the following conditions is fulfilled:"

(section between '***' marks was removed)

- The timeframe of thirty-six months for Subsequent Contributors to make
their source available was considered too lengthy.  It has been modified
to twelve months (section 3.1a).

"A Subsequent Contributor shall make that Subsequent Contributor's
Subsequent Work(s) available to the public via an Electronic
Distribution Mechanism for a period of at least ***twelve (12)***
months. The aforesaid ***twelve (12)*** month period shall begin within
a reasonable time after the creation of the Subsequent Work and no later
than sixty (60) days after first distribution of that Subsequent
Contributor's Subsequent Work."

(sections between '***' marks modified from 36 to 12 months)

I invite further discussion and hope this license is now suitable for
OSI approval.

--Carmen Leeming