Which OS license should we use?

Danese Cooper Danese.Cooper at Sun.COM
Fri May 7 21:14:55 UTC 2004

Clint,

I'd be *shocked* if anyone on license-discuss was willing to give you
free legal advice.  You need to consult a lawyer about this (you'll
probably get a number of contacts at least from your email).

In general, you need to figure out what your business goals are and then
consult with a lawyer to find the best license choices for your
particular goals.  Dual-licensing is a means to an end which several
other companies have used successfully but much depends on the
composition of your codebase, the market conditions you are dealing
with, the types of partners you wish to attract, etc.

Danese Cooper