Why "open-source" means "free to distribute"?

Ian Lance Taylor ian at wasabisystems.com
Thu May 6 23:57:27 UTC 2004

"Guilherme C. Hazan" <palm-experts at superwaba.com.br> writes:

> What we need to do to place the logo at our site? Just get it and put in the
> html?

The logo is trademarked by the Open Source Initiative.  It may only be
used with their permission.  The permission required is described
here:
    http://opensource.org/docs/certification_mark.php

It may be that gluecode is using the trademark without following the
required permissions.  If so, that would be unlawful.  An official
representative of the Open Source Initiative should contact them to
check.

Ian