Submitting a new license or using the current ones

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu May 6 20:29:02 UTC 2004

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Is there any active cooperation between OSI leaders and CC leaders to
> build a common interface to "good" software licenses? Or are we going
> to see yet another fragmentation here?

What makes you think there isn't already active cooperation? I know from
personal experience that Larry Lessig and others involved in Creative
Commons are quite familiar with open source licensing, as are we with their
creative commons licensing. They've got their tasks and we've got ours. What
particular projects would you suggest we work on together?

/Larry Rosen