Effect of the MySQL FLOSS License Exception?

nospam+pixelglow.com at pixelglow.com nospam+pixelglow.com at pixelglow.com
Wed Jun 16 23:31:02 UTC 2004

Dear All, esp. Rick:

(BTW, apologies for not quoting the context in my messages, it has to do with my
webmail client.)

I think I understand this a bit better. In GPL clause 2, it says "If
identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program, and can be
reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this
License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when you distribute them
as separate works," so I thought I already did not need to apply GPL to the
separate BSD portions of my work, but I suppose then "as separate works" is the
issue --

Treatment of independent work under GPL:
if combined, all must be under GPL
if seperate, each can be under different license

Treatment of independent work under GPL + FLOSS Exception:
if combined or seperate, each can be under different license

Is that essentially correct?

Cheers,
Glen Low, Pixelglow Software
www.pixelglow.com