Sleepycat license

nospam+pixelglow.com at pixelglow.com nospam+pixelglow.com at pixelglow.com
Mon Jun 14 16:45:07 UTC 2004

Dear All:

The Sleepycat license looks clear, short and to the point, essentially BSD + a
reciprocal clause.

Qns:

1. If I genericize the license and call it say a "Reciprocal BSD" license, would
I have a good chance to get it approved? (This might be useful for people who
desire a simpler version of the GPL, and perhaps get into more compatible
codebases as a result.) Or did I miss some other OSI-approved license that does
this?

2. Is the Sleepycat license compatible with the following OSI-approved licenses:
BSD, CPL, MPL, Artistic, Apache? (The FSF states that it is compatible with GPL
already) By compatible I mean if I combine code with the two licenses, I can
release it without violating the conditions of either license.

Cheers,
Glen Low, Pixelglow Software
www.pixelglow.com