the provide, license verbs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 10 20:12:50 UTC 2004

Quoting jcowan at reutershealth.com (jcowan at reutershealth.com):

> I did a little research at Sourceforge and Freshmeat, looking at licenses
> (excluding the non-FLOSS ones at Sourceforge).

Thanks!  Interesting and worthwhile, as usual.

> Licenses you didn't mention:
>
> 		8% Artistic or Perl
> 		5% Apache (any version)
> 		1% Qt
> 		1% zlib/libpng
> 		8% all others (none more than 1% individually)

Apache-licensed code would be one of those "rare exceptions" I cited,
being either intended to be part of an ASF-issued codebase or to work
very closely with it (e.g., Apache httpd DSOs).  Same for Perl Artistic
Licence (various versions).

--
Cheers,                            Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com