Dual licensing -- other wrinkles

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Jun 9 03:54:54 UTC 2004

Sam Barnett-Cormack scripsit:

> AIUI, no, you cannot, unless you make a seperate version that is *only*
> GPL and is not offered under any other licenses - unless *all*
> contributors agree to it.

In fact, if you register your version with the Copyright Office and the
contributor does not, you can spit on the contributor's license, because
he'll only be able to sue for actual pecuniary damages, and there are none.
Of course, your ethical position is then terrible.

--
Is not a patron, my Lord [Chesterfield],        John Cowan
one who looks with unconcern on a man           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan