Which license to use for MFC based software?

Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. rdixon at cyberspaces.org
Thu Jun 3 01:03:58 UTC 2004

This is probably true. But, the legal basis for the GPL's control over
re-distribution or subsequent distribution is that the underlying work is
either a derivative of the original or the original itself. What is
Microsoft's legal basis? Are they claiming that all works created with their
visual programming tools are derivative works of the tool? derivative works
of the visual programming language? Or, something else? I suspect that if
their licenses reach out to control distribution terms of the copyright
protected work developed by the end-user...then...Houston, we have a
problem.

- Rod