For approval: Open Test License v1.1

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Jan 9 06:20:18 UTC 2004

> : 3. Publication of results from standardized tests contained within
> :    this software (<TESTNAME>, <TESTNAME>) must either strictly
> :    adhere to the execution rules for such tests or be accompanied
> :    by explicit prior written permission of <OWNER>.

You can't place requirements on the ways that downstream licensees can use
their copies or on the types of derivative works they create.  The only
thing you can require that restricts such things is that they use the same
*license* you use. See OSD #3, 9 and 10.  I don't think this license will
float.

We discussed similar things when the OSI board approved Sun's SISSL, and the
SISSL solves this problem of test standardization.  I suggest you take a
closer look at that license before you try to squeeze this Open Test License
through.

/Larry Rosen