apache license 2.0 for consideration

Alexander Terekhov TEREKHOV at de.ibm.com
Fri Feb 20 13:53:58 UTC 2004

"Roy T. Fielding" wrote:
[...]
> A derivative work that is distributed under only the GPL...

Are you saying that your license allows GPL-forking? I think that
it does allow things like distribution of GPL'd patches... but the
resulting/originating derivative works would fall under multiple
licenses -- the GPL for modifications and the ASL for all the
"remaining" portions from the original work. More restrictive
(with respect to reciprocation) licenses like the OSL and the CPL
(and also the GPL) say that patches must be distributed under the
original license even if, apart from referencing, they do NOT
contain anything related to (copied from) the original work. Am I
correct? As for the GPL incompatibility in general... this, again,
boils down to the issue of linking... (and my personal uneducated
opinion/guess is that the FSF has no reasonable chance to prevail
in court on that with the current GPL license).

regards,
alexander.