Update for CUA Office Public License

Mitchell Baker Mitchell at osafoundation.org
Thu Feb 19 19:18:38 UTC 2004

Hi Everyone

With regard to the MPL there is one new element that probably isn't
well known.  There is a section of the MPL that says who can modify the
MPL.  The 1.0 and 1.1 versions specify that entity as netscape (it had
to be someone).  But with the creation of the Mozilla Foundation that
entity has been changed to the Mozilla Foundation.  I plan to create a
Mozilla 1.2 version shortly to make just this change.  (One might
consider other changes of the license as well, but that's a long
discussion.)  And I assume that changing the entity from Netscape/AOL
to the Mozilla Foundation should be seen as a positive step.

Mitchell