U.S. government works in other countries

jcowan at reutershealth.com jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Feb 13 17:14:29 UTC 2004

Richard Schilling scripsit:

> The WTO countries are supposed to recognize US copyright, as the US is
> supposed to recognize the IP of the other WTO countries.  Easier said
> then done, but it's there.

Indeed.  But are the Berne countries supposed to recognize our *non*-copyrights?
The U.S. as an act of sovereign dominion prevents a U.S. entity, namely
itself, from receiving copyright protection within its sovereign domain.
Will other countries treat the work as copyright in their domains nevertheless,
especially if the U.S. claims that it is?

--
John Cowan                              <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              http://www.reutershealth.com