IBM and Patents

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 2 15:20:15 UTC 2004

Quoting Russell McOrmond (russell at flora.ca):

> While the GPLv2 is not itself a patent license, it does require that
> an RF patent license be applied to any patents embeded within it in
> order to have the copyright works properly licensed.

I'm well aware of that.  The actual question posed, however, was not
answerable on account of (apparent) category confusion, and I wanted to
make the questioner aware of that fact.

--
Cheers,                           "This is Unix.  Stop acting so helpless."
Rick Moen                                               -- D.J. Bernstein
rick at linuxmafia.com