pruning "dead" licenses

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Dec 13 16:22:08 UTC 2004

Roddixon writes:
 > I think it is nearly impossible to prune licenses without risking
 > allegations that the certification trademark is being misused.

I agree with you.  First, I want to make sure that people think it is,
in principle, a good idea.  Next I'll worry about whether it can be
done or not.

 > Thereafter, licensees could be required to send an e-mail to OSI
 > indicating that the mark is still in use and specify in what
 > manner.

That would help us with another problem: keeping track of authorized
users of the trademark.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes