Including open source within a larger package

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Dec 3 01:38:52 UTC 2004

Chris F Clark writes:
 > I am a little concerned about releasing something that is not source
 > (i.e. not human readable) under the GPL without providing the source
 > material (which I am unable to do as some of the source material is
 > under non-disclosure or other license terms, although I have the right
 > to release non-human readable versions).

You should be very concerned about doing that.  Why are you obsessed
by the GPL?  There are dozens and dozens of other licenses which are
more appropriate to your situation.  You don't need a new license.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes