A new approach is needed

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at mibsoftware.com
Mon Aug 30 14:21:53 UTC 2004

dlw wrote:

> Current open source licenses are under attack in the
> legal world.  Contracts are central to the issue.

Daniel, I think you should take your own advice:
"A new approach is needed"

Did you know this is license-discuss, which is for
the discussion of licenses submitted for OSI approval?

You haven't submitted a license.

You do not seem to be advocating a change to the OSD.

Are you confused that this is a court and we are judges?
Most subscribers are not even lawyers.

I think you are either horribly confused, or are getting paid
to spread FUD here.  You seem unwilling to be influenced
by the many who have responded to your previous messages,
(and I take that as ever-increasing evidence of the latter.)

If you are honestly confused, I suggest you refrain from
using any software at all.  What, with the DMCA, the RIAA,
and the clever EULAs out there, you are likely breaking
some law according to your sideways interpretations of them.

Good luck to you,

Forrest