OSL 2.0 and linking of libraries

Peter Prohaska pitrp at wg78.de
Thu Apr 1 14:55:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

because I do _not_ want to use the GPL nor the LGPL, I have decided to
distribute my software under the OSL 2.0.

Section 1.c says:
  to distribute copies of the Original Work and Derivative Works to the
  public, with the proviso that copies of Original Work or Derivative
  Works that You distribute shall be licensed under the Open Software
  License;

I do want to allow linking a library included to software under a
different license.
As far as i understand it, the only thing I would have to do is to
include a notice that goes something like:

  "Clarification of section 1.c of the license:
     Linking a program against a library or loading machine readable
     code compiled from Source Code is _not_ considered creating a
     derivative Derivative Work."

Am I correct and is there a well known template for such a notice that
one should use? The request is probably common, I think.

Thanks,
  peter.