For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sat Sep 27 01:04:27 UTC 2003

Ian Lance Taylor scripsit:

> I wouldn't worry about such a thing myself, mind you--forks against
> the wishes of the author are very rare in practice, and I can't think
> of a single succesful fork which changed the licensing conditions.

The bison/byacc fork was OK with the author but did change the
license conditions.  Specifically, bison is a fork of an early version of
byacc; bison was modified a bit and released under the GPL.

--
"Clear?  Huh!  Why a four-year-old child        John Cowan
could understand this report.  Run out          jcowan at reutershealth.com
and find me a four-year-old child.  I           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
can't make head or tail out of it."             http://www.reutershealth.com
        --Rufus T. Firefly on government reports