Creating Open Source Software for the Insurance Industry

James McGovern james at architectbook.com
Fri Sep 26 10:33:54 UTC 2003

My employer has asked me to explore creation of open source software for the
insurance industry, specifically to explore a policy administration system.
I would love assistance with two things:

1. The opportunity to talk with those who are also employed by insurance
companies that have an interest in minimally discussing the possibility of
developing open source software for our vertical

2. A document that best explains the model in which it should be created.
Ideally written for senior executives who neither understand technology nor
open source.

Thanks in advance.