AT&T open source license FAQ

Ernest Prabhakar Prabhaka at apple.com
Thu Oct 30 17:46:13 UTC 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 8:50 PM, Kevin Mack wrote:
> Hello, I'm just trying out the ksh93 package and the FAQ at
> http://www.research.att.com/sw/download says:
>
> "We believe that it conforms to the provisions of the Open
> Source Definitions (OSD), and have submitted the license for
> certification, but we have not heard back."
>
> What's the status?

Has AT&T posted their license to this list for discussion?  I don't
remember seeing it.  I thought that this list was required to review it
before approval.

Also, is there an online version of their license somewhere?   I wonder
if its been cleaned up since the previous version I saw, and I'd rather
not have to download their stuff without first seeing the license.
Their "licenses" page just says there's lots of licenses, but doesn't
even tell if you if there is a single AT&T license.

-- Ernie P.