OSD#5 needs a patch?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 9 18:53:14 UTC 2003

Quoting Chuck Swiger (chuck at codefab.com):
> On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 01:20 PM, Lawrence E. Rosen wrote:
>
>>Actually, what I intended to convey was the notion that the OSD has
>>always been consistent with the GPL in the past, and we would not
>>want to change the OSD in such a way that it invalidated the GPL.
>
> If it's okay to change to OSD to invalidate, say, the Mozilla license,
> or the APSL, but is not okay to invalidate the GPL, then the OSD is no
> longer neutral.

Sanity check:  Lawrence was replying concerning the GPL because _you_
asked about it.  I imagine it's equally unthinkable that the OSD would
be altered so as to exclude the MPL, the APSL, (either version of
the) BSD licence, or the MIT/X licence -- but you didn't ask about those.

--
Cheers,                     Skud:     Real Programmers don't use Python.
Rick Moen                   Thorfinn: Real Programmers don't use *whitespace*.
rick at linuxmafia.com