Must publish vs. must supply

Chris F Clark cfc at world.std.com
Mon Mar 17 01:35:11 UTC 2003

Me:
> Obviously, item 2 must be under some restrictions, or there isn't any
> "must" in your 3.

Abe:
--> I do not agree. The main restriction is that you keep your
      modifications private. The base line is: either keep them private
      *or* distribute to the public. Nothing in between.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you also, and I apologize if I hijacked your
ideas and took them in a direction you didn't intend for them to go.
Avoiding "selective" secrecy (keeping modifiers (creators of derived
works) from publishing only to their customers, but not to the world)
is a reasonable goal for one to attempt to achieve in a license.  I
hope that the OSI board finds your license conformant.  It is still a
step in the correct direction in my book.

-Chris Clark