Please add "Public Domain" to "license" list

'Rick Moen' rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Mar 16 19:58:48 UTC 2003

Quoting David A. Wheeler (dwheeler at dwheeler.com):

> All I'm looking for a clear statement from the OSI that
> public domain source code is open source software.

I'm not sure this is the OSI's problem.  Think about process, and what
the OSI actually _does_, and I think you'll see this.

> Are you saying that US government software released to the software
> cannot be used as open source software?

Of course not.  I believe I've already said the contrary.

--
Cheers,                    Higgledy-Piggledy / Kibo Ubiquitous,
Rick Moen                  Greps for his name in the / Happynet spool.