Open Source Business Found Parasitic, and the ADCL

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sat Mar 15 23:21:58 UTC 2003

Rick Moen scripsit:

> Unfortunately for this initiative, the right to fork (OSD provision #3)
> is pretty much _the_ core concept of open source.

"The right to fork is like the right to strike, the right to sue, or the right to bear arms."
	--a sentence of mine embedded in esr's "Homesteading the Noosphere",
	with my permission of course

Today I would add the right to be sued, which is in essence the right to
make convincing promises.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan at ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There