Compatibility of the AFL with the GPL

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Mar 15 03:54:53 UTC 2003

Lawrence E. Rosen writes:
 > Sorry to have to knock that leg of the chair out from under you,

Foo.  And I was on such a roll!

 > That's why the term "compatibility" has been such a sore point for me.

The point of the law school exam being for anyone to be able to show a
difference in people's behavior in re GPLed code versus AFL+GPLed
code.  How can the licenses be said to be incompatible if the supposed
incompatibility causes no change in anyone's behavior?

--
-russ nelson   angry-economist.russnelson.com   | "What Problem Are You Trying
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | To Solve?" is a service mark