Please add "Public Domain" to "license" list

David A. Wheeler dwheeler at dwheeler.com
Fri Mar 14 18:42:51 UTC 2003

--- Bob Doyle <bobdoyle at skybuilders.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> Although they target "content" itself rather than source code, you
> might
> take a look at the several Creative Commons licenses
> (http://www.creativecommons.org), including one Public Domain.
>
> Another similar effort is the Open COntent License
> (http://www.opencontent.org/).

Actually, I know about these efforts.  However, what I want
to be able to do is say, unequivocally, that
"public domain software is open source software,"
and point to OSI as a resource.

Having public domain mentioned in those other forums doesn't
help me or anyone else who is trying to determine if something
in the public domain is open source software.