Official approval for the PHP License v3.0

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Jun 4 02:01:14 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 09:53 am, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> Poke poke,  So far no responses other than one suggesting we use
> another license.  Using another license is not an option as this is
> the license the code has been released under for years and it is the
> already released code I need an OSI-approved license for.  I can't go
> back in time and release that code under a different license.

The only problems I have with it is the wording (but not intent) of
condition 4, and well known problems of section 6. But neither of these
would disqualify it as Open Source. Since you have already released
code under this license, it does no good suggesting changes. My
recommendation as a laymen is to approve it.

--
David Johnson