Academic Free License version 2.0

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Thu Jul 17 21:36:14 UTC 2003

Lawrence E. Rosen scripsit:

> Version 2.0 of the Academic Free License (AFL) is hereby submitted for
> your review and for the approval of the OSI Board of Directors.  It can
> be found at http://rosenlaw.com/afl2.0.html.

This license is obviously open source, a big win, and it's nice that it
tracks the OSL.

I think with these versions of the OSL and AFL we are in a strong position
to respond to corporate types who come to us with their complex licenses
"Have you checked out the OSL and AFL version 2.0?  They probably do
everything your lawyers *and* your developers want."

--
But you, Wormtongue, you have done what you could for your true master.  Some
reward you have earned at least.  Yet Saruman is apt to overlook his bargains.