"Derivative Work" for Software Defined

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Jan 15 19:51:38 UTC 2003

"PETERSON,SCOTT K (HP-USA,ex1)" scripsit:

> Subtleties abound. So, I may very well be missing something. If so, I'm
> hoping that someone on this list can set me straight.

IMHO you are as straight as you can be.  Every work that is is to be distributed
must be examined to see if it is a derivative work of any GPLed work and
also a derivative work of a work licensed under an incompatible license.
If so, its distribution is forbidden by the GPL.

--
Some people open all the Windows;       John Cowan
wise wives welcome the spring           jcowan at reutershealth.com
by moving the Unix.                     http://www.reutershealth.com
  --ad for Unix Book Units (U.K.)       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        (see http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/unix3image.gif)